Hence, we may infer as highly probable that if the whole genus of humble-bees became extinct or very rare in England, the heartsease and red clover would become very rare, or wholly disappear. (Charles Darwin, On the Origin of Species)
Greener Sudbury – grassroots volunteers.
It’s all about making a difference in your local area, in whatever way you can!
- Brightening up forgotten corners of our town and surrounding villages/ areas with imaginative and sustainable planting schemes
- Going for walks in local beauty spots and areas of specific interest with knowledgeable walk leaders, for example, wild flower walks, bluebell walks
- Creating a network and spreading the word about related events and activities, such as the traditional orchard conference
- Helping conserve areas for wildlife
- Adopt-a-plot is a scheme to help local people identify neglected areas within walking distance of their homes that they can adopt with an aim to improving their local environment
We are a group of like-minded people who enjoy getting involved – “hands-on”. We aim to meet every three months to plan activities for the coming season and we welcome new members and suggestions. For more information, why not become a follower of our blog by clicking on the ‘follow’ button? You will then receive each new blog post as an email, to help you keep up to date with our latest news.
4 thoughts on “About”
Hi, I have emailed you, so that we can perhaps organise a meeting.
Hi Sudbury Society members would love to get involved in brightening up some Sudbury spaces. Who do we contact?
Hi Teresa, will email you about this – sounds interesting!
I am hoping to start a project in Siam Garden with volunteers from supported housing. I would like to see it becoming a real community garden. It would be great to have your imput. I am hoping we can start a living edible bed in the spring.